[SunHELP] SPARC 5 memory

Paul Khoury sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 14:48:54 CDT 2001

On Wed, 16 May 2001 13:34:34 -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:

>> What are the advantages of Sol 8 over 7?
>
>i noticed that 8 was much faster on my sparc5 than 7 was.
>
>MUCH faster.

That much faster?
Hmm...
And the only advantage of Sol 2.6 Server over regular 2.6 is SIMS and other server tools, right?
I only run SIMS on one machine (as with Sun's licensing scheme requiring the sys ID or something).

Is anything dramatically different on Sol 8 vs. 2.6?  Any faster?
Also, will it migrate all my configuration files from /etc and elsewhere?

Paul