HTML disclaimers - Re [SunHELP] Magic Cookie?

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 13:00:26 CDT 2001

> It might help to point out to the mailer team that anyone reading the mail
> in a way that shows a disclaimer in HTML can choose to totally ignore it as
> it is hidden among code.  I gather that disclaimers often don't have any
> legal value, but a hidden one certainly won't.  They're just giving
> recipients a way of avoiding their message that they think is so important..

this is far better than my reasoning.  "you know that disclaimer you spent all
week writing, well people can set their email client to just ignore it if it's
HTML, try ASCII, it works better."

heh, course, i told the moron from legal that i would block all mail that left
the company if it had a disclaimer that i didn't like.  he consulted with me
before implementing his disclaimer and reworked it till i was happy.  course
i'm a prime example of a BOFH and am so over-confident in my abilities that i
don't care what anyone at that place thought.

-brian