[SunHELP] SSH from inetd

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue May 15 13:52:30 CDT 2001

I've downloaded and compiled OpenSSH, and it actually works fine as long
as I have the sshd daemon running.  I'd prefer to run this out of
inetd, since it's rarely used, but I can't seem to get it to work.  Here's
the inetd.conf line:

ssh  stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/sbin/sshd sshd

I put a ssh tcp 22 entry into services to match.  The inetd part seems to
work, it does pass the request through to sshd, but it then comes back
with an authentication error rather than asking for passwords.  Do I need
to run this in "wait" mode?

KeS