[SunHELP] how many interfaces can be created with ifconfig / plumb

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon May 14 12:14:46 CDT 2001

> What is the maximum number of plumbed interfaces ?
> help please ....

  Solaris 2.5.1 has a maximum of 1024 virtual interfaces for each physical
NIC. You may want to check the settings for "/dev/ip ip_addrs_per_if" and
see if someone has set a limit of 32. Also, you should realize that logical
interfaces do not need to be plumbed... but their corresponding physical
interface does (try taking "up" out of your line or at least moving it towards
the end).

 -david