[SunHELP] Instasll DiskSuite 4.1

Hitoshi TAKAHASHI sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon May 14 03:44:40 CDT 2001

Hi Frank-Christian Kruegel-san ,

Thank you for your advice.

>RAID5 in software is slow. If speed matters, better use hardware RAID if money
>permits or RAID10 (striping and mirroring, gives you less capacity).

If you know, couldn't you please tell me the following.

Is write/read performance of RAID5 in software lower than using hard disk singly ?
I need the performance of Soft-RAID as same as single hard disk.
Purpose of using DiskSuite is to construct the large volume disk by aggregation
of low price disks.

Has operaton of Software RAID using DiskSuite lain a burden on CPU ?
Platform(EP250) is equipped with single CPU only.

Regards,

-Hitoshi-