[SunHELP] cant boot from cdrom on an E250 when trying to inst all Solaris 8

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 10 08:09:16 CDT 2001

You are correct - the CD labeled "Solaris 8 Installation" is just the Java
(I think) GUI installer, and I have had nothing but trouble with it.  I
always boot off the CD labeled "Solaris 8 Software (Disk 1 of 2)".

Thanks,
Thomas Cameron, MCSE, MCT, CNE, RHCE
IS Engineering Manager
Dell Financial Services