[SunHELP] Screen Saver Password Problem

Jeff Feller sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue May 8 13:31:27 CDT 2001

Hello all,

It seems like I've been asking to many questions lately - sorry!  This
time I am really having a weird problem.  When I log into CDE and of
course go to bed or something to where the screen saver password comes on,
I go to unlock the screen and my password doesn't work.  I dont have CAPS
ON, I'm typing it right.. but it NEVER works.  I then ssh into the machine
and can login just fine using the exact same password as I'm trying on the
screen saver.  The first time I had to reboot the machine -- as in power
down - not a proper shut down because for some reason ssh wasn't running
or the DNS wasn't working - anyway.. (it's just a workstation at home
anyway).

Soo.. any reason why my password on my screen lock thing wouldn't work but
I can login to CDE using the same password?  This to me, is a bit strange.

Jeff Feller
Director of Network Operations
BitZ Communications
P.O. Box 157