[SunHELP] HELP ME, I'VE HAVE BIG PROBLEM !!

Robo sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue May 8 05:21:23 CDT 2001

Hi David

You have lost the quorum of state database replicas from your system.
You need to boot single user then use the metadb command to find which
disk has gone. Use metadb to delete the !!!FAULTY!!! databases ignoring
the read only file system error, then you should be able to boot normally.

If you have sunsolve access there is an infodoc which details this quite
nicely.

to summarise (but check man page!)

boot single user
run metadb to find partition that is causing problem
(format might show a disk that is causing a problem)
run metadb -d -f c0t0d0s0 (replace with !!FAULTY!! partition from above )
metadb to verify
boot multi user.
You then need to put your deleted databases back somewhere...
Until you do this the file systems won't be mounted rw.

Hope this helps
John