[SunHELP] HP autoloader on Sun/Solaris

Lance Spallholz sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 2 15:42:45 CDT 2001

I am running a SPARCserver-1000 with SunOS 5.6.  I would like to attach
a 5 tape autoloader, specifically the HP dat24x6 autoloader. for backups.
HP tells me that it has not been tested on the Sun/Solaris combination.

Has anyone installed this autoloader on a Sun system successfully?  Is
there another autoloader tape backup system that could be used?

Thank you in advance.

Lance O. Spallholz :-{)	 Union College '69	spallhol at union.edu
	Office: 518-388-6311		Lab: 518-388-6532
	Union College WWW Homepage: "http://www.union.edu"
	Union College Computer Science Homepage: "http://cs.union.edu"
A Top 3 List:
	3)"Them are the bases." - Casey Stengel to the 1962 NY Mets.
	2)"For those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand."
	1)"To err is human.  To really foul things up requires a computer."