[SunHELP] more linuxisms

David Bishop sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 2 15:08:33 CDT 2001

On a closely related note to my previous email, I'm having problems logging
into my linux box at all from my sunstations.  I have setup gdm to offer
logins remotely, and have successfully used eXceed from an NT machine to
connect to my linux box, and it worked great.  However, when sitting at the
dtlogin prompt of my sun machine, and selecting "options->remote login" and
putting in the hostname, it "twitches", and then starts a blank X server with
no terminal/windowmanager/anything, just the checkered background of plain X.
 This is *before* it gets to the username/password login prompt of the linux
box.  So, I went to my logs on that machine, and it is spewing this:

Xlib: connection to "pedh5.micron.com:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

over and over again.  So, it appears that the sun workstation doesn't allow
my linux box to display it's chooser program in it's X server.  Fair enough,
but it works when going from one sunbox to another.  I.e., I can remote login
to another ss20 all day long, and it allows *it* to display.  So, obviously,
somewhere or other xhost or an equivilant is setting it so that nobody but
the other sunboxes can display their chooser on each other (if that makes
sense).  But sense I inherited these machines, I have no idea where that is
:-)  I've tried going to /etc/dt and greping through all the files for xhost,
pedh (the prefix for our sun boxes), or 137 (the prefix of our ip's), but no
joy.  The same in /usr/dt/config.  Is there another place something like that
can be set?  What am I missing that's holding me up?  Help!

Thanks,

D.A.Bishop