[SunHELP] Identifying the redundent power supply failure

Lee Khuong sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 2 13:18:23 CDT 2001

--------------364A4A08CFC72AE32757D8D0

Raju,

I am assuming you are using Ultra Sparc (sun4u)

use this command:    /usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/prtdiag -v |more

If you have an older sparc (1000/2000) then use (sun4d) in the place of
sun4u.

G'Luck

Lee

> Raju Gogula wrote:
>
> In sun systems, is it possible to identify the redundent power
> supplies failure without physically visiting the site? Does the system
> record the event in the syslog or /var/adm/messages?
>
> Raju
--------------364A4A08CFC72AE32757D8D0

begin:vcard
n:Khuong;Lee
tel;fax:(703) 648-9110
tel;work:(703) 648-9020 ext 413
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.go-allied.com
org:The Allied Group;SNS
adr:;;1890 Preston White Drive Suite 200;Reston;VA;20191;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:lkhuong at TheAlliedgroup.com
title:Systems Consultant
fn:Khuong, Lee
end:vcard