[SunHELP] Can't use flash memory as an IDE device (netra X1) (embedded solaris)

list tracker sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue May 1 13:53:20 CDT 2001

I have connected the flash card as the slave device on the primary channel,
and as the master device on the secondary channel.  The flash adaptor has a
jumper that allows it to be set either master or slave.

On both occassions the OS begins to boot off the normal 20gig IDE hard
drive, then bombs out with the errors I included in my post.

Is there a switch to the boot command that will instruct the OS not to
detect new hardware and try to do anything with it?  I would like to at
least be able to boot the OS with that flash device in the chain.

The fact that all is well in the probe-ide output leads me to believe that
the IDE chain is good - the OS is just confused by what it sees (for some
reason)

--LT