[SunHELP] sys-unconfig and interface card

babak daneshpajoh sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 30 08:30:06 CDT 2001

hi
i have several problems.if someone can help me
i will be very thankfull:
1-once i want to install sol 8 intel 86 on my
existing sol 8 but i interupted it at the middle of
installation.since then every time i boot the computer
solaris goes to the blue screen and want to scan my
hardware.ofcourse after scan i can choose boot from
harddisk and the os comming up.
how can i prevent this scanning at boot time.
i think solaris built a temporary file which i must
delete it.
2-sys-unconfig dont work.because after sys-config
command computer is going to restart but dont ask me
about hostname or other related things at boot time.
3-i have downloaded 3com905c patch and driver from sun
website and add it to my solaris whit boot asistant
diskette.
it does not work properly.
after issue sys-unconfig i can see the interface
with ifconfig -a but it is down and i must bring it up
with ifconfig elxl0 up .
after reboot the computer i can not see the interface
with ifconfig -a.again i must enter sysunconfig for
solve this problem also after reboot again does not
ask me about network config like hostname and ip
address.
4-I HAVE DUAL BOOT OS SOLARIS 8 AND WIN2000.
ONCE I UPGRADE SOL 6 TO SOL 8 BUT AFTER INSTALLING
MY WINDOWS DIDNT COME UP.
HOW CAN I INSTALL SOLARIS 8 WITHOUT DAMAGING MY
WIN2000

thanks
babak