[SunHELP] How to make a disk drive smaller ?

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 29 18:08:35 CDT 2001

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 05:26:09PM -0400, ymui at royalsunalliance.ca wrote:

> We have 2 disk drives on an Ultra 5, with the first (boot) disk slightly
> smaller in size than the second one.  I would like to use DiskSuite to
> mirror the second one from the first, but it fails to work because they are
> of different sizes.
>
> Is there a way to set the second (larger) disk the same size as the smaller
> one, i.e. make s2 identical ?

disksuite deals with partitions, not whole disks.  try making a partition on
the slightly larger disk that is the same size as the first disk.  this is
not by any means optimal, but i've got two disks of slightly different size
that mirror each other, and it didn't give me any trouble, it just worked.

give it a shot, if you still have problems let me know and i'll think about it
a bit.

-brian