[SunHELP] modem for solaris x86

Frank-Christian Kruegel sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 29 07:16:12 CDT 2001

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 04:14:28 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>dear frank
>hi
>thanks for your reply.
>i have isa modem wich works under dos&windows.

Hmm ... many of them work since they have a standard serial port so they =
don't
need special drivers. Only a few had buffered/FIFOed ports which made it
difficult at higher speeds. There ware some Rockwell board with RPI that =
did
some parts in software.

>but i want to purchase external modem like
>usrobotics sportster or dlink or acorp.
>you mean all of these working with solaris.
>how can i know these are hayes compatible.

I've never seen an external serial analog modem that didn't have the =
Hayes AT
command set. So any should work. USB is a different thing, and ISDN is =
also a
different thing.

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen

Dipl.-Ing. Frank-Christian Kr=FCgel