[SunHELP] Cfengine

ES Srinivas sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 29 06:18:04 CDT 2001

Hi All
  We are in the process of deploying Cfengine across our network,since I/we are relatively new to it,I just wanted to know whether someone has practically implemented it,if so,can someone briefly let me know how was it done-the setup and configuration.
  Cfengine bascically is something like this :
 "Cfengine, or the configuration engine is a very high level language for building expert systems which administrates and configures large computer networks. Cfengine uses the idea of classes and a primitive form of intelligence to define and automate the configuration of large systems in the most economical way possible. Cfengine is design to be a part of computer immune systems. Here are some of the possibilites which can be automated:
Check and configure the network interface.
Edit textfiles.
Make and maintain symbolic links, including multiple links from a single command.
Check and set the permissions and onwership of files.
Tidy (delete) junk files which clutter the system.
Systematic, automated mounting of NFS filesystems.
Checking for the presence of important files and filesystems.
Controlled execution of user scripts and shell commands.
Cfengine follows a class-based decision structure. "
   Can someone please give an idea on how to go about it.

Thanks IN Advance
Srinivas