[SunHELP] Miximb MBUS modules

Dave Garten sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 18:42:30 CDT 2001

Maarten,
    I believe mixing will work, but the slower processors will establish the
speed of all on-board CPUs.  So you lose the speed advantage of the SM71s.
I think most apps will run faster on a pair of 71s than on four "51s" (51 X
2 + 71 (-20MHz)  X 2) unless you have lots of processes/users or
multithreading software.  But if you are serving disks or diskless clients,
I suppose the loads would bog down the pair of 71s before the quad "51s"
YMMV

V/R

DG

Dave Garten