[SunHELP] setting the gateway and removing X

mallum sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 15:49:16 CDT 2001

Hi all;

I recently got solaris 7 installed on a donated sparc10 ( dual 50 mhz, 48
meg ). Im new to this solaris stuff and have a few  questions....

1> Where do I set the gateway ip ? I cant find anything in /etc . Im having
to do a 'route add defualt <gw ip>' , but this is not save between reboots.

2> How do I safely remove X. I dont need X on the machine and would rather
it just booted into a console rather than X. I cant seem to figure out how
to do this. Nothing in /etc/rc* nor inittab seems to specify X , I dont
understand how X still comes up on boot.

3> Finally, Is it work me downlaoding and install solaris 8 ?

Matthew Allum