[SunHELP] snmpdx and host resources MIB

Simon Marko (IMS) sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 20 22:27:34 CDT 2001

Hi SunHELPers

Has anyone successfully set up the Sun SNMP Master agent snmpdx to report
host resources such as CPU utilisation and disk utilisation?
I understand I may have to set up a subagent, but how is this achieved?

I've tried the SyMON agent, but it seems tailored to the SyMON management
console (even causes a bus error when I used snmpwalk to dump the MIB tree
:-(

I would prefer not to go down the track of purchasing an agent when the
supplied software will do it with some tweaking

All suggestions welcome

Simon Marko
Telstra IMS Applications