[SunHELP] console servers

Kevin Maguire sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 20 06:10:00 CDT 2001

Hi

My computer room is spiraling out-of-controk, with a mixture of Suns
(E250/E450/U10/....), HP, Alphas, etc.  Each either lives standalone,
or has some ancient VT52 or something attached to it.  I've decided
that this can't continue, we soimpyl dont have the space.

I'm canvassing opinions on what to do about it!  What do other System
Mangers recommend?  I'd like some kind of console server, but which is
best with our mixture of hardware.  There seems many options, many
supporting features I dont really need (remote access via dialin
modems, etc).  We did a test install of conserver (www.conserver.com)
on Linux which worked OK, but I think I'd prefer a hardware based
system, though I'm not sure why I think that :-)

Comments ....

Kev

<*>       Kevin Maguire        <*>
<*>      Unix Team Leader      <*>