[SunHELP] [support at opera.com: (ID-number:13812) Petition for Solaris/NetBSD/SPARC Opera]

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 18 10:02:31 CDT 2001

this is the response i got from opera, i'm _SO_ glad i will be able to use
Opera instead of IE5/Netscape on my Solaris/SPARC box.

cheers,

-brian

----- Forwarded message from support at opera.com -----

From: support at opera.com
Subject: (ID-number:13812) Petition for Solaris/NetBSD/SPARC Opera

You may be happy to learn that we are working on a Solaris port right now. It is being tested internally, and we are preparing for a release, although it's difficult to give you an exact time frame. A Sparc Solaris version will probably come before an x86 Solaris version of Opera.

As for native *BSD versions, I am not sure what the status is there. Seeing as Opera has been reported as running fine under Linux emulation, such a port might not be a high priority, but I believe our developers are considering it.

--
Best regards,
Hvard K. Moen

----- End forwarded message -----