[SunHELP] NFS Question...

Will Mc Donald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 18 04:27:09 CDT 2001

Recursive NFS, i.e. sharing a share. Should this be possible? I can't find a
definitive answer anywhere on the web, some stuff I've turned up says no,
some documents say yes but it's a kludge.

For reasons beyond my control it would be really handy if we could share a
filesystem, mount that on another host and then share it from that host to
yet another. When issuing the second share command I get...

share_nfs: Cannot share remote filesystem: /mnt/dev1

To complicate things slightly the initial share (export) is off a linux box,
mounted by a Solaris 2.5.1 machine which is exporting to another Solaris
box.

So am I wasting my time? Is it possible?

Will.