[SunHELP] SunPCi software config???

Michael S. Schiller sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 8 00:41:22 CDT 2001

Christopher:

Read the docs that came with the SunPCI card. You have volume manager
using the floppy, so the SunPCI can't use it. You have to disable volume
manager, then you'll be able to use the floppy. There's even a script
that comes with the SunPCI card that will do that for you.

-Mike

Christopher Smiga wrote:

> I'm currently running a 400MHz SunPCi card. The card has been
> installed inside a Sun Ultra 5 with Solaris 8. Since I've configured
> the system, and I'm running Windows 98, I have not been able to access
> the floppy drive from the Windows 98 session. The floppy works great
> from Solaris 8. It's just that Windows 98 will not access the floppy.
> Does anyone know how I may configure the SunPCi software to allow
> Windows 98 to recognize the floppy? Thank you,Christopher Smiga

*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *