[SunHELP] About SSH

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 7 11:34:27 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 10:44:15AM -0000, ES Srinivas wrote:
>   I wanted to install OpenSSH on a Solaris 7 system,installed the zlib,complied & installed openssl(as directed by Brain)and now when I run ./configure for openssh it gives an error msg stating that zlib is missing,I have added the full path of the default location of Zlib,yet it gives me this error.The error msg when I configure openssh is
> # ./configure

[snippage]

> checking for deflate in -lz... no
> configure: error: *** zlib missing - please install first or check config.log **

Hmm. There's no ./configure option to add a path to the zlib install dir,
make sure you've got wherever libz.a installed in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

If you're really really stuck, I've got pre-compiled packages of
OpenSSH, Zlib and OpenSSL. They're slightly customised for
internal use, but I'll be happy to pass them along to you
(Whether you should trust me as just a guy on a list is a
different matter. :) ).

Brian.
--
Brian Scanlan, Systems Administrator.