[SunHELP] looking for backup ideas

Les sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 6 14:46:51 CDT 2001

Hi Edward,
There are several solutions which fit your description.
The one we are using is Solstice Backup from SUN,
which is rebranded Legato Networker.
We have a server with multiple autochangers.
Each machine to be backed up runs a client which
is called and controlled by the backup software on the
backup server.
Veritas and Arcserve have  products which do the same.
Many of these people on this list use these same approaches
I'm sure.
It is not cheap, but it works well.

Les