[SunHELP] (no subject)

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 6 07:19:03 CDT 2001

Hi there!

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 11:46:42AM -0000, ES Srinivas wrote:
>     Am new to SSH,I just wanted to know how to use it,
>     like download which particular software for Solaris 7,

You should use OpenSSH.

http://www.openssh.com

> how to install it on the server side as well as the client side,

Check out the install documentation!
ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/INSTALL

> how to access the SSH server

$ ssh servername

>,I checked up the openssh site but could not identify which one to download.

You need to go here:
http://www.openssh.com/portable.html

>Alternatively also please suggest where can I find a document on installing,configuring SSH

In short, install zlib, install OpenSSL, install OpenSSH.

There's an ok book out on this at the moment, it goes into a lot
of detail though, check out the webpage http://www.snailbook.com/

Brian.
--
Brian Scanlan, Systems Administrator.