[SunHELP] help for patch ....

Frank Naumann sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 6 04:17:48 CDT 2001

The following message was sent by "Rupesh Ramesh Gandhi (SSD-BLRSJP-SIP)" <rupeshgandhi at wipro.co.in> on Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:20:16 +0530.

> 		When I give a " patch -p1 <
> /path/where/my/patch/is/qmail-ldap-1.03-XXXX.patch"
> 	It asks me which file should i patch I have absolutely no idea what
> I should I give here ...
> 	I have tried every relevant file here but then it says
> 			 " Looks like a unified context diff. "
> 	and again asks me should u want to give up on this file ... when I
> say no ...
> 	then again it asks me which file should I patch ...

You are using the sun patch program. This error does not occur, if you are using gnu patch.
You can download gnupatch from http://www.sunfreeware.com. The current file is something like
patch-2.5...

After installation make shure, that /usr/local/bin is in your path and before /usr/ccs/bin.

Greetings,
Frank