[SunHELP] help for patch ....

Rupesh Ramesh Gandhi (SSD-BLRSJP-SIP) sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 5 22:50:16 CDT 2001

Respected Sir/Madam ,

		 I have a slight problem regarding the patch which is to be
added for the qmail.
	I want to add a patch called qmail-ldap patch so that I can work on
my sun machine ...
	which has a Solaris 2.8 loaded on to it ... I want to work on
openldap ... all the docs
	which I could find on the net were relating to 2.6 ... this patch
works fine with Linux box..
	and even the qmail is working fine on it ...

		When I give a " patch -p1 <
/path/where/my/patch/is/qmail-ldap-1.03-XXXX.patch"
	It asks me which file should i patch I have absolutely no idea what
I should I give here ...
	I have tried every relevant file here but then it says
			 " Looks like a unified context diff. "
	and again asks me should u want to give up on this file ... when I
say no ...
	then again it asks me which file should I patch ...

	Thanks in advance to everybody .......

Regards,

RUPESH  GANDHI
System Integration Engineer