[SunHELP] missing parent directory

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 5 16:24:05 CDT 2001

> Here's a look at the culprit filesystem:
> rage:/m05/$ ls -la
> .../..: Permission denied
> the ./.. permission denied is curious, so here's a look at /:

 I see ".../..: ", not "./..: ". Which one is part of the output?

 Which OS (and version) is used on the NFS client and on the
NFS server (or "NFS servers" if the filesystem at /m04 is from a
different host than the filesystem mounted at /m05)?
 How are the filesystems being exported?
 How are the filesystems being mounted?
 What do the permissions look like, for the filesystems, on the
server<s> side?
 Are there any (many) routers in between the client and server?
 What do the /etc/hosts files on all of the machines look like?

 -david