[SunHELP] HD15 -> 13w3 ?

Brian Hinz sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 4 07:14:56 CDT 2001

Hi All,

I know that alot of people here has used the 13w3 to HD15 adapters to
use a standard vga compatible monitor with a sun 13w3 framebuffer, but
has anyone ever tried the opposite? I'd like to connect the video port
of my sunpci to the 2nd input (13w3) of my monitor (i have a PGX using
the VGA input) so that I can switch between them, but I don't want to
harm the monitor.  Phyiscally the adapters seem right, 13w3 male to HD15
female 13w3 male to HD15 male if it has a built in cable, but
electrically is this ok? what spec might I need to look for to find out?

TiA,
-brian