[SunHELP] Limitations imposed by block size on a file system

Naser Ali sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 1 13:08:01 CDT 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0EAC5.CBBB98E0

Hello Every one,
This is something I read in tech doc a while back, but now I cant seem to
find it and cannot recall either.
The paper talked about some limitations regarding different filesystem block
sizes (2k, 4k, 8k, and etc). I know that how the disk efficiency is affected
by diffenet block sizes, but I believe there was more than that in techincal
white paper. I would like get pointers from the list members who have more
knowledge on the subject matter.
Please enlighten me if you can. Your commects and pointers will be greatly
appreciated.

Regards

Aali Naser

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0EAC5.CBBB98E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Limitations imposed by block size on a file system</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hello Every one,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>This is something I read in tech doc a while back, =
but now I cant seem to find it and cannot recall either.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>The paper talked about some limitations regarding =
different filesystem block sizes (2k, 4k, 8k, and etc). I know that how =
the disk efficiency is affected by diffenet block sizes, but I believe =
there was more than that in techincal white paper. I would like get =
pointers from the list members who have more knowledge on the subject =
matter.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Please enlighten me if you can. Your commects and =
pointers will be greatly appreciated.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Regards</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Aali Naser</FONT>