[SunHELP] nis and yppushing maps

David Baldwin sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 30 10:09:41 CDT 2001

I am trying to update my nis maps after creating a netgroups file.  I
just put "group  (,,domain)" in the /etc/netgroup file then changed to
/var/yp and typed "make"  it updates passwd and pushes it to the slave
nis server then updates netgroup and then it hangs.  After awhile it
says it can't communicate with ypxfr on slave server.  I found that
ypxfrd was not running on the slave and that it was on the master so I
started it, (/usr/lib/netsvc/yp/ypxfrd) and tried again.  Still nothing.
Previous to this I did not have a netgroup file so it was just passed
up.

I tried to use truss to see some more output and it just says sleeping
and repeats indefinitely.  All the other maps work just fine.

Thanks for all the help.

Dave Baldwin