[SunHELP] 10/100 NIC Problem

Tugrul Galatali sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 12:55:16 CDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Korkmaz, Murat wrote:

>  Hi Folks,
>  is there anybody out there help me out to change the configuration of my
> NIC card from 10 Mb to 100Mb on
> my Sun Solaris 5.8 box.

	I just got a 100MBps switch at home, and looked into this just incase
the Ultra2 didn't like it.

        ndd -set /dev/hme instance 0
        ndd -set /dev/hme adv_100T4_cap 0
        ndd -set /dev/hme adv_100fdx_cap 1
        ndd -set /dev/hme adv_100hdx_cap 0
        ndd -set /dev/hme adv_10fdx_cap 0
        ndd -set /dev/hme adv_10hdx_cap 0
        ndd -set /dev/hme adv_autoneg_cap 0

	This is what most of what I found suggests. fdx = full duplex, hdx =
half duplex if that wasn't obvious :)

	This url is also good:

	http://www.nichols.org/Misc_Instructions/Clintons/

	Tugrul Galatali