[SunHELP] Unable to mount a Solaris CD ROM

Peter Stokes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 11:12:12 CDT 2001

Hi

If you are running vold (use ps -ef|grep vold) you can issue the command
volcheck which should mount your cdrom for you and you should then see it
under /cdrom.

If not then you will have to do it the hard way

the command you want is something like

mount -F hsfs -r /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s0 /cdrom

this will try to mount an hsfs file system on cdrom

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1636-627900