[SunHELP] Mathematica crashes

Sai Sarva sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 24 14:28:59 CDT 2001

Hello,

This is my first post on this mailing list and i am a
newbie to Solaris too :). I use Mathematica on a
machine which runs Solaris 5.7. And Mathematica that
we have is version 3.0. Very recently (never happened
earlier), I hv been having a strange problem. When I
open up Mathematica and try to do a file-->open it
crashes. It complains of bus error and dumps core.
However, when I try to remotely login into the
machine,and run mathematica, it works fine.
Does anyone have a clue as to why it might be
happening?

Many Thanks,
Sai