[SunHELP] Help!!! changing /etc/system, system is down

Bageshwar X Kumar sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 13 08:36:09 CDT 2001

While commenting out .. realise that commenting is done using  "  *   "  and not
the conventional "   #  ".

|--------+------------------------>
|        |                        |
|        |          bscanlan at irish|
|        |          -times.com    |
|        |                        |
|        |          13/07/01 13:45|
|        |          Please respond|
|        |          to sunhelp    |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>
  |       To:     sunhelp at sunhelp.org                                          |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Bageshwar X Kumar)                                     |
  |       Subject:     Re: [SunHELP] Help!!! changing /etc/system, system is   |
  |       down                                                                 |

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 08:29:04AM -0400, Dottie Weaver wrote:
> Help please, I have rebuilt a Sun server and it no longer uses md but the
> problem is when I reboot the bootblk looks for the md's from the /etc/system
> file. I am unsure as to how this file should be setup not using md's.
> If anyone could fill in the blanks maybe a sample of a generic system file
> would be of great help.

Easiest way is to just comment the DiskSuite (md) related lines out of
/etc/system, or delete them. They're only in place for use by DiskSuite,
and since you're not using DiskSuite, you can happily get rid of them!

A default /etc/system file, as shipped with Solaris, has nothing but
comments and blank lines in it!

Brian.
--
Brian Scanlan, Systems Administrator.