[SunHELP] Installation of gcc compiler..

David Rouse sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 12 17:07:20 CDT 2001

On Thursday, July 12, 2001, at 11:50 AM, Panjwani, Malik wrote:

> Hi!
> Can you help me in installation of GCC on Solaris 8.

A version of gcc is available from the Solaris 8 install CDs (unless I'm
loosing my mind), you might want to check (pkginfo) to see if it is
installed (if you aren't sure). If it isn't you can install it from the
CDs (some incantation of pkgadd). Then what a lot of folks do is
download the current source for gcc and use the Sun packaged gcc to
build gcc. That I ain't done, but I understand it isn't that difficult.

--
David Rouse