[SunHELP] url scrape, parse and DB append script

Tim Bell sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 15:18:48 CDT 2001

I'm currently writing a script to scrape some files off a url, parse the
data from the files and then appended the info into a database - a fairly
easy script - HOWEVER - I can't simply telnet to the "web server port"
because the specific place I need to reach requires authentication
(Apache-SSL). does anyone know how I can gain access utilizing the necessary
login/passwd (no telnet, ftp, ssh, etc - strictly apache). someone had
mentioned the lwp module in perl being able to handle the authentication
correctly but I don't know how to implement it.

(sorry if the email is a little vague but I can't give out the exact
specifics due to very sensitive information)

tim!