[SunHELP] mounting /home

Michael S. Schiller sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 5 21:59:30 CDT 2001

Hi All:

I have several home dirs in /export/home that I would
like to mount on other machines as /home automatically, what do I have
to do
on the server end other than export the filesystems? And what do I have
do on the workstations to have the home dirs show up in /home?

Currently I export a few of the dirs in /export on the server, and I
can't
seem to write to them from any of the workstations, I don't want the
users
to have home dirs they can't write to! Is there a special option to the
share command (in /etc/dfs/dfstab) that specifically says these are home

dirs?

-Mike

*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *