[SunHELP] imap4 server

Kevin Maguire sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 3 15:12:38 CDT 2001

Hi

I'm migrating a bunch of systems, including mail servers, to Solaris8.
Slowly.

Currently imap & pop are available, I'd like to restrict to imap only.
However as more users are converted I note that imap is getting
a slower, we currently use the Washington Un imap server.

I'm looking for suggestions as to a better, robust and efficient
server.  A mix of users, many still using NFS, means we must stick
with mbox format, I note that when this questions was asked before
Courier was mentioned.  Also The iPlanet sttuff, which seems to me to
be overkill, especially as it is not "bundled"?

I also read some stuff on sendmail.com, but there I see that 2.6 and 7
are the only listed "supported" Solaris platforms.  Anything else I
should consider?

Kevin

<*>       Kevin Maguire        <*>
<*>      Unix Team Leader      <*>