[SunHELP] SunPCi SVGA output darker than window

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 31 21:44:51 CST 2001

I have an Ultra 10 with a SunPCi card which I normally have set to
display in a window in the Solaris session.  (Solaris8, SunPCi 1.3,
Windows98)  I recently tried switching to the external VGA and found
the output to be extremely dark; even when displaying to the same
monitor.  Since I am sharing the monitor, I don't want to adjust the
monitor's brightness - is there some other setting or config file I
can adjust?

Win98 has a Color Management dialog under Control Panel -> Display
-> Settings -> Advanced.  But none of the (very few) available profiles
seemed to make any visible difference; and I didn't see any way to
edit a profile.

Thanks,
-Pat