[SunHELP] Tar extraction problems

John Kennedy sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 31 10:16:19 CST 2001

Tope,
Are you rewinding the tape before you try and restore the tar file?
mt -f /dev/rmt/0cbn rew
If the tape is not rewound then there is no tar file to restore.
Also, in looking at the command, It may be better to cd into the
/d2/oradata/SID1 dir then use the command:
tar -cvf /dev/rmt/0cbn  system01.dbf
This way if you want to restore to a different location you can (putting the
full path will restore the file to it's original location not the temp
location you are apparently looking for.
John Kennedy
PS - E-mail me off list...I want to know how your search is going...