[SunHELP] problem booting up

ChrisBotha at CTNDDN ChrisBotha at CTNDDN
Wed Jan 31 05:24:10 CST 2001

Hi,

At the "ok" prompt, type printenv.  Look at your boot-device entry.  Yours
will most probably point to the net.  You need to change this sequence to
use the disk first.

It should look something like this:

setenv boot-device disk

Regards
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelvin Koh [mailto:kelvin at acks.org]
Sent: 31 January 2001 08:53
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: [SunHELP] problem booting up

Hi,

Whenever I power on my Sun E420R box, it defaults to network booting. I've
used the key combinations as mentioned in the 420R manual, but none
referred me to the "ok" prompt.

Is there any method which I can use to reset the PROM, so as to allow
CDROM booting?

TIA.

Regards,
Kelvin Koh
www.acks.org

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee.  If this email is not intended for
you, you cannot copy, distribute, or disclose the included information
to any-one

If you are not the intended recipient please delete the mail. Whilst
all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and
integrity of all data transmitted electronically, no liability is accepted
if the data, for whatever reason, is corrupt or does not reach it's
intended destination.
All business is undertaken, subject to our standard trading conditions
which are available on request.