[SunHELP] Journaling File System

Magnus Abrante sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 31 04:25:15 CST 2001

> Does Solaris have a native Journaling File System?
>
> I seem to recall something about UDF filesytem in Solaris 7 but don't really
> know what it is, can someone explain?
>
> Are third party software like Veratis all that is available for Solaris?
>
> I am still on 2.6 in our shop so am outa the loop.

The filesystem in Solaris 7 and onwards is a journaling filesystem. If you
are running Solaris 2.6 you have to use a third party product such as
Veritas Filesystem, or if you are using DiskSuite you can set up a logging
device in disksuite.

	//Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */