[SunHELP] Can u tell me whether the hardware is faulty ??

ChrisBotha at CTNDDN ChrisBotha at CTNDDN
Wed Jan 31 00:56:16 CST 2001

If you get that break, Sun can give you the fix.  It is the /usr/rmmount
file that needs to be replaced.

The patch is a very necessary evil.  Load it, and if you have problems, mail
me direct and I will send you the rmmount bin file.

Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Chase [mailto:echase at postoffice.providence.edu]
Sent: 30 January 2001 04:44
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: Re: [SunHELP] Can u tell me whether the hardware is faulty ??

Beware, I do believe that patch breaks vold...

At 03:27 PM 1/30/2001 +0100, Magnus Abrante wrote:

>Actually a faster way to deal with it is to install the latest kernel
>patch 106541-14, its better in dealing with this kind of errors.
>
>         //Magnus Abrante
>/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */
>
> > Saw a lot of this at my last job.  CPU0 had an Ecache error.  Sun
> recommends
> > if this was the first
> > occurrence, leave the CPU in.  If you get a second occurrence, replace
the
> > CPU.  This was really not
> > the answer we wanted to hear from Sun, as this will cause your server to
be
> > down three times to
> > replace the CPU, initial CPU panic, second CPU panic and CPU
replacement.

> > In some instances the second CPU panic never occurs.
> >
> > In answer to your question, It is possibly a bad CPU.  Log a call with
Sun,

  Edward F. Chase III     |   echase at providence.edu
  Providence College      |   http://www.providence.edu
  Computer Services       |   http://studentweb.providence.edu
  Providence, RI  02918   |

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee.  If this email is not intended for
you, you cannot copy, distribute, or disclose the included information
to any-one

If you are not the intended recipient please delete the mail. Whilst
all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and
integrity of all data transmitted electronically, no liability is accepted
if the data, for whatever reason, is corrupt or does not reach it's
intended destination.
All business is undertaken, subject to our standard trading conditions
which are available on request.