[SunHELP] logic

Big Endian sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 30 19:54:13 CST 2001

>I have a group of users with user A being the supervisor.  I need to
>create user accounts on a server, but A needs to have access to all of his
>subordinates files, while allowing each user to otherwise be private.
>What is a good scheme to accomplish this?  User A can not be root.  I'm
>sure this is fairly simple, but I haven't worked out my plan yet and was
>just hoping to hear a few suggestions.
>
>alan

can each supervisor have his/her own group and all his/her employees
being members of that group?  if thats the case make the files all
750(executable) or 640(non executable) so that only the user can
write to it, the supervisor can read from it and the rest of the
world is left out.  Then you just restrict the users from chmod.  Its
not NICE to do that but it will get the job done.