[SunHELP] Solaris 8 slow automount

Richard Skelton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 30 13:24:33 CST 2001

Hi,
I have installed Solaris 8 on my Ultra 30 300 MHz 640 MB system which
uses NIS from an E3500 (Solaris 2.5.1 8x400MHz 8 GB) and files from a
netapp cluster (2x740).
It takes over 30 second to remotely login to the Ultra 30.
My login causes about 10 automounts for my applications in my path.
Once on the machine it is nice and quick until the automounts times out.
The only automount maps we have ar auto.master and auto.direct which has
227 entries.
All mount are from the netapp cluster.
Is this slowness normal?
Can I speed things up?