[SunHELP] Can u tell me whether the hardware is faulty ??

Steve Pribyl sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 30 09:59:45 CST 2001

I have heard that sun ultra cpu memory can't catch double bit parity
errors. This can cause undetected data corruption and will cause the box
to crash at some point.

However I don't know what ultra cpu's this applies to.  You should ask sun
about this.  They do have a fix.

The cause for these cases would really be sun spots and solar storms.

Steve Pribyl
spribyl at enteract.com
http://www.enteract.com/~spribyl