[SunHELP] SCSI cards for Ultra5

Frank-Christian Kruegel sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 29 23:46:43 CST 2001

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:47:46 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>Can an Adaptec 2940 SCSI card be used in an Ultra 5?  The hardware compatibility lists leave me unsure if it works in Solaris 8 (Intel) only or also in SPARC platforms.

There is a special OF version (OpenFirmware) of the 2940. I've never tested one
since the Symbios 875 based boards are much easier to get and MUCH cheaper - and
the Symbios driver is part of the standard Solaris distribution since most PCI
systems have the 875 or 876 (two channels) onboard.

mfg

Dipl.-Ing. Frank-Christian Krgel
IstDa Kommunikationssysteme