[SunHELP] Turn old sun into xterminal

Melinda Taylor sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 29 18:20:00 CST 2001

Hi,

How can I trun my old sun into an xterminal? The sun managers FAQ says:

Subject: 11.2)   How can I turn my old sun into an X-Terminal?

  You can simply replace the ttymon entry for the console in
  /etc/inittab with a command that starts up an X server.

but I have no idea what command would start up an xserver?
I have one of my main servers running sunxt which boots
my actual sparc XTERMINALs but how can I configure a
old sparcststion to act in the same way?

Thanks,

MElinda

Dr. Melinda Taylor                      Research Associate
Dept. of Astrophysics and Optics        Phone: +61 2 9385 4560
School of Physics                       Fax:   +61 2 9385 6060
UNSW, Sydney, 2052                      Email: melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au